Sunday, May 11, 2008

11 months old


It is official, I am crawling. It is quite nice because I can go wherever I want. Rogan thinks it is pretty cool too, but he is trying to wrestle with me a lot more now. It won't be long before I start walking either. I would have preferred to walk before crawling, but mom insisted I needed to crawl first for my development. I try to stand up in the middle of the floor and will get my upper body about half way up before I plop on my bottom. I keep trying though. I also like to push the walker around the house and Rogan runs circles around me with our second walker. I also walk along the couches and walk holding mom or dad's hands.
Mom is trying to get me on table foods now so I am done with pureed foods for the most part. Mom made baby food for me and it has a lot more texture than other baby foods and I really took to it because I got a lot of carrots today. Rumor has it my brother had an orange nose for months after eating mom's carrots. Cross your fingers it doesn't happen to me.Let's see, what else? I love chopped fruit, particularly pears and peaches. I tried a strawberry, but decided Rogan could have all of mine. He gobbled them down.

Mom thinks I am cutting more teeth because I was extra cuddly this weekend and I don't cuddle. I have also been munching on my fingers and seem a little congested.

Oh and I turned my car seat because I weight over 20lbs, go figure. It is pretty cool. Rogan and I enjoy playing hide 'n seek and holding hands.
Today was my first Mother's day. I made mom a stone for her garden. She wanted a hand print or a foot print, but apparently she doesn't know that involves putting them in cement. No thank you, so she got my name. We also went to the park today. I went in the backpack. I love going for walks in the backpack.

1 comment:

Jonah Zane Herzog said...

Miss Skye, I can't believe how big you are getting! First crawling, then eating big people foods and now the car seat is turned?! What's next?